QUICK MED CLAIMS
Compliance: Priority #1
One of the many aspects of QMC's compliance program is an active audit program to support internal monitoring of compliance. On average, QMC attempts to audit 3% of all claims on an annual basis. The client specific audits may vary based upon the client being new, having employees new to the account, etc. The audits are performed by the Corporate Compliance Officer. Some of the areas that are audited regularly include appropriate patient signatures or equivalent allowable signatures, documentation supporting level of service billed, appropriate units billed and other items. Feedback from the audits comes in a monthly Q&A meeting with the Account Manager responsible for the account audited.
QMC maintains an active Corporate Compliance Program that is designed to promote compliant processes and behavior throughout the organization. The Program was developed in accordance with the “Seven Fundamental Elements of an effective Compliance Program” as published by The Office of Inspector General. The QMC Corporate Compliance Program includes the following key elements:
1. Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
2. Designating a Compliance Officer and Compliance Committee
3. Conductive effective training and education.
4. Developing effective lines of communication.
5. Enforcing standards through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines
6. Conducting internal monitoring and auditing.
7. Responding promptly to detected offenses and developing corrective action.
QMC understands compliance is an ongoing and serious matter in our industry. QMC continues to strive on behalf of its client partners to continuously offer ideas and processes that support Corporate Compliance. We view Corporate Compliance not so much as a set of rules that need to be followed but as a culture that resonates from within the entire organizational structure. At QMC, Compliance has always been and will always be, a top priority.